Monday, October 3, 2022

School . . .


Always open to learning something new, especially involving music and the making of, marketing of, subtleties of etc. A long time ago I was sending demos (bad demos) of my songs to record companies, producers, artists, publishers and anybody else that I thought might recognize my (raw) talent and place one of my compositions with an artists who would record it, sell gobs and gobs of records, and make me rich and famous. I also read just about anything I could get my hands on regarding the making and marketing of pop music. One gem that I read said that a great pop hit is one that appeals to sixteen-year-old girls. Based upon that advice, I wrote Ace of  Hearts. The instrumental (solo piano) version of the piece is here. The demo, with vocal and band, recorded at a local studio (time which was a prize won at my first meeting with the Songwriters Association of Washington [DC]), will be posted here shortly.




What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact

Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings