Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Distraction . . .


Several years ago, I encountered the talented and distinguished local musical artist Doug Allen Wilcox at the now-defunct SAW Songwriters Showcase at Brewer's Alley in Frederick, MD. I much appreciated his thoughtful, laid-back style, insightful writing and jazz-sensitive musical approach. When he asked me if I would consider performing his latest album (at the time) with him, live at the Frederick Coffee Company, I hesitated not in the least. During the process of learning the tunes, I experienced the wonderful composition 'Distraction.' I was enamored, envisioning potential improvisations in my mind when listening to the melody and the chord progression. Eventually, I mustered the nerve to ask Doug if I could include his composition on my next album, to which he humbly and characteristically replied - Yes.  Here is the result.

Thanks again Doug. 

What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact