Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Blood Brother . . .


I'll be your Blood Brother,
By your side through thick and thin.
I'll be your Blood Brother,
Just as long as I don't have to bloody
My hands. 

Bar rooms sure have a funny way
Of bringing loyalty out in a man.
Buy a drink and tell a joke
And buddy you've got you a friend.
But keep a good eye upon that friend,
Because he really doesn't give two hoots.
And don't say anything about his Mom,
His girlfriend, or his army boots.

Walked into an auto-mo-showroom.
I need some wheels but got no money to spend.
When a guy with an ugly tie
Walks out and acts like he's my long-lost friend.
I said hey Buddy I've a purpose here,
And if you please I will accomplish my goal.
So don't you slap me on the back again,
Cause if you do I might just lose my control.

So please be careful when you meet someone
Who'll make a promise at the drop of a hat.
And don't provide them with encouragement.
You will regret the day you offered him that.
Cause everybody needs some empathy,
But just how willing
And how far will they go
To really help you when the chips are down?
Can they be trusted half as far as you throw them?


What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact