Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Knot . . .

. . . a day goes by . . .


. . . Not a day of my life goes by without music.  Music, an integral part of my world, is  (paraphrasing Zappa) food.

My piano must be played daily, though there are unfortunately some exceptions, for my digital therapy as well as to keep my musical imagination healthy. Music is always audible during the evening meal at our house, exceptions to this being even MORE rare than above, be it jazz, classical, modern rock, (sorry, the available wealth of genre names are beyond me) country, R&B/soul, vocal, instrumental, experimental and traditional.  Some personal musical assignment, be it practicing my part in a song for Oho, revisiting an old composition of my own or working on a new idea, is always high on my agenda.  And I am always, after many years of conditioning, aware of music around me whether it be a song someone was humming in the office, a new song on the radio, incidental music between news stories on NPR or reference to a song during a conversation- it's there.

It is ever-present and just as much a part of me as. . . my right hand.






What do you think?
Tell me at
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html

My latest release, Black & White Then Back,
can be downloaded digitally at:
Ray Jozwiak: Black & White Then Back

(or you can copy-and-paste this URL directly to
your browser:  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rayjozwiak3)

Also, be sure to visit:
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory