Saturday, March 19, 2022

Valid . . .


(Posted byu/Yattazen, https://www.reddit.com/r/CasualConversation/comments/7sf9nf/why_are_people_on_reddit_so_quick_to_be_mean/)
". . . Why are people on Reddit so quick to be mean, hostile or angry when you post a comment? I always get anxiety whenever I post a comment because I feel like half the time I get someone replying with a snarky, hostile comment because of misdirected anger or they read my comment the wrong way. Why can't we ever converse, speculate or throw out a random thought without someone jumping on the 'you're an idiot' reaction? I could be talking about the most uninteresting, unimportant thing and someone will take it the wrong way or someone will go on a long rant about how you're wrong when all you wanted to do was write down what you're thinking and see if anyone else was thinking the same thing. I also feel this is how people branch off into niche groups an subreddits because no one challenges them - which, by the way I encourage - but also because it's a 'safe' space so to speak. I don't mind starting a topic of debate or criticism but when it's pure misdirected over the top anger, you have to wonder what is it that you're always doing so wrong. Edit: before any more people looking to make a fool out of themselves by doing exactly what I'm talking about in my post, I'd like to clarify I DON'T want to eradicate free speech, nor am I complaining about someone calling me names on the internet. I am just honestly curious and wanting to hear what other people have to offer on the reasons why we, as people and internet-er, are quicker to look down on someone on the internet than we are in real life. That is all. . ."


Question

- Moody Blues



What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact

 PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged 
Follow me on Blogger
Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings
Another Shot by Ray Jozwiak
            Another Shot