Thursday, December 10, 2020

Always . . .

 . . . you 

You've always been ahead of me;
One fact that I,
In my infinite wisdom,
Could not always see.
But in the end you always convinced me
Things aren't always
What they appear;
The things I've always looked for.

Once long ago, before we met,
I thought I could 
Singlehandedly make the
Spinning world go away;
Just like some king 
from back in those bygone days.
But I was wrong. 
I don't belong 
Inside this category.

Seemed to be,
At the time to me,
To my advantage.
Missing why,
Not knowing 
When to try 
To start believing
In my very own
Self determination.

Sometimes at night when I'm alone,
The solitude
And the quiet can bring out
All the worst in my head.
But now it seems that isn't so big or bad.
I've learned a thing, 
Or maybe two, 
And just ahead there’s always you.



What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact


Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings