Friday, December 18, 2020

Cheer . . .

Where's the cheer 
That I should feel 
Inside my heart 
This time of year,
While all the televisions
Newspapers and billboards count 
The shopping days for me?

It appears 
To me that I’m 
The only one 
Who doesn’t see
The fine and natural 
Attraction to what seems part race, 
Part obstacle course, I believe. 

Long ago I 
Heard that we 
Celebrate this season;
Anniversary of the birth 
Of someone named Jesus.

Through the years,
How my perception 
Of it all 
Has gone awry,
When so much manufactured 
Hype and pressurized requirements
Make it all seem a lie.

How I wish, 
Since its the time 
Of year that dreams 
Can come alive,
That you and I see one November, 
When without the retail forecasting,
Some peace on earth, 
Goodwill to all arrives.





What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact


Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings
     

                         2014

For all things "Gonzo Piano" please visit: