Sunday, December 13, 2020

Gods . . .

 

. . . of the computer world have granted me yet another reprieve. My eight-year-old macbook pro began to exhibit some temperamental behavior during the operation of GarageBand the other day. While the good folks at Apple couldn't have been more kind and knowledgeable, well MAYBE they could have been a little more knowledgeable, the problem with the laptop appeared to be leaning well toward terminal. Seems the Big Sur operating system downloaded to my unit just dandily in all its glorious and good, sweet time. But upon attempting to install the program, an error indicating a damage of some sort to the file, appeared upon my multiple attempts. I was resigned to the prospect of spending the better part of the following day on the phone with the good Apple people. In the morning though, as a last-ditch effort, I plunged forward with the process of creating a 'loop' in GB and converting it to a midi file. Although GB did not appear to complete the loop creation process properly, I plowed ahead to create a midi file of the track. Lo and behold, the track was miraculously converted in its entirety and the machine (in my view and for my purposes) has handily side-stepped a death blow. . . for now.



What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact


Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings

                               Put A Finger On It

For all things "Gonzo Piano" please visit: