Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Tweaking . . .

I can be a fool just as well as anybody can.
Just a little rope and I'll hang myself like any other man.
I'm not so different from the rest.
So please don't put me to the test.
I don't get my kicks when I hurt you or I make you cry.
I can find the courage for anything I want to if I try.
I know I have to take the risk,
A strange dependency I guess.

It's a simple case of matter over mind.
It's a human race.
There are winners all the time.
Just a pretty face.
Such a pretty face.

I go walking right in her general direction.
I go walking without a fear of my detection.
And I've been called every name in the book
But I don't care about it. 
Some kind of crook may be remorseful
But if you take a look, then you'll see
What kind of fool that I can be.

You looked at the world your own way, rose-colored spectacles,
Only heard the things that you chose,
Saw what you wanted to see.
You didn't look too hard at me,
Had no idea what I could be.
On the other hand in my case I knew I wanted you.
I could see the trust in your eyes,
A trust so far out of place.
You didn't see through my disguise.
It hit you right between the eyes.

Now the game I played is all over and done.
Though it hurt you so,
There's no way you could have won.
So it wasn't fair.
Do you think I care?

I'll do anything to take advantage
Of a situation thrown my way.
I'll move a mountain if I think I have to.
I'm moving mountains every day.

Call me anything that you want,
That's your prerogative.
Be as honest as you can be.
Make sure you hold nothing back.
I'll have to take it like a man.
I'll do it any way I can.
Odds I won't refute what you say.
I've heard it all before.
Yes I've heard it time and again
Because I've lived it and what's more.
It's just of part of who I am
It's more than every now and then.

Do you think I'll change? Can an old dog learn new tricks,
Turn my life around?
There's so much I'd have to fix.
No it can't be done.
I'll just have my fun.
                        
 
     
What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact
Follow me on 

Visit Ray Jozwiak at: Website -
https://rayjozwiak.com

Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings
Ray Jozwiak
                                     Grains