Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Competition . . .

. . . is highly overrated

(from Evil Geniuses: The Unmaking of American by Kurt Andersen)
". . . When I was a little kid whenever we had to play musical chairs in school or at birthday parties, I never enjoyed it. I hated the tense seconds of waiting for each drop of the needle onto the record. Musical chairs made me anxious and made everyone manic and delivered a nasty set of lessons - life is an accelerating competition of one against all for diminishing resources, survival is just a matter of luck and a touch of brute force, and success is a momentary feeling of superiority to the losers who lose before you lose, with just one out of the ten or twenty of us a winner. . . "


Superman

from the newly-released album GRAINS


What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact

Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings