Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Words . . .

. . . they are a-shrinking

While reading about the many skills that have become obsolete during my lifetime, I realized that one of them is the inability express oneself. Now I do realize that texting and other forms of electronic communication made this inevitable. I sometimes fail though, to understand what people are trying to say. WTF???!!! Here are some examples of modern, written (specificallyld 'texted') English-


(from https://www.slicktext.com/blog/2019/02/text-abbreviations-guide/) 
ROFL: Rolling on floor laughing
STFU: Shut the *swear word!* up
ICYMI: In case you missed it
TL;DR: Too long, didn’t read
NVM: Nevermind
TGIF: Thank goodness it’s Friday
TBH: To be honest
TBF: To be frank
RN: Right now
QOTD: Quote of the day
OOTD: Outfit of the day
BRB: Be right back
BTW: By the way
LOL: Laugh out loud
TTYL: Talk to you later
HMU: Hit me up
FWIW: For what it’s worth
IMO: In my opinion
IMHO: In my humble opinion
IDK: I don’t know
TBA: To be announced
TBD: To be decided
EOD: End of day
FAQ: Frequently asked question
AKA: Also known as
ASAP: As soon as possible
DIY: Do it yourself
LMGTFY: Let me Google that for you
NP: No problem
N/A: Not applicable or not available
OOO: Out of office
TIA: Thanks in advance
ILY: I love you
MCM: Man crush Monday
WCW: Woman crush Wednesday
BF: Boyfriend
GF: Girlfriend
CTA: Call to action
UGC: User-generated content
SMS: Short message service
MMS: Multimedia messaging service
RCS: Rich communication services
ROI: Return on investment
CTR: Click-through rate
5G: 5th generation, meaning the newest generation of mobile communications
LMK: Let me know


The Times They Are A-Changing
- Bob Dylann



What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact