Sunday, April 10, 2022

Process. . .


Much of OHO's music during my tenure with the outfit during the past ten-plus years, has been created through a careful, slow, meticulous, and thoughtful process.  The tune 'Third-Hand Intelligence', which you can access below, is one such example. The original song was a 12/8 ballad, in the style of many pop hits from the 1950s and 60s. Jay took that raw material and completely revised the beat to more of a rock one and sped the tempo up a bit. He also added the middle-section, in an un-conventional time-signature to replace the original piano solo. Jay's impeccable vocals, harmonies (and much, much more music-stuff) added by Bill Pratt with the usual top-notch percussing by David transformed the piece into the booty-shaking version that appears on 2018's GAZEBO by the band. Quite an accomplishment, if I do say so myself.






What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact

 PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged 
Follow me on Blogger