Thursday, April 21, 2022

Perspective . . .

 

(from https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/04/ricky-gervais-pitches-his-own-jada-pinkett-smith-oscars-joke/amp)
". . . Five-time Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais is known for courting controversy with his comedy. As such, he pulled no punches while sharing how he might have handled Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars. . . When asked about the Jada Pinkett Smith jab that provoked the actor (“G.I. Jane 2—can’t wait to see it”), Gervais dismissed it during a recent Twitter live, calling Rock’s line, “like, the tamest joke I would’ve ever have told.” The comedian then insisted that Smith wouldn’t have become violent if he had been onstage. “Nothing would happen to me because I wouldn’t have told a joke about his wife’s hair. I’d have told a joke about her boyfriend,” . . . Gervais previously tweeted his hypothetical Oscar monologue ahead of the ceremony. “I’d start with ‘Hello. I hope this show helps cheer up the ordinary people watching at home,” he wrote. “If you’re unemployed for example, take some comfort in the fact that even if you had a job, your salary probably wouldn’t be as much as the goody bag all the actors have just been given.’” Gervais continued, “I’m proud to announce that this is the most diverse and progressive Oscars ever. Looking out I see people from all walks of life. Every demographic under the sun. Except poor people, obviously. Fuck them.”. . . "



Open Your Eyes You Can Fly

- Flora Purim



What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact
 PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged 
Follow me on Blogger

Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings
                 Critic’s Choice