Tuesday, November 15, 2022

More Reflecting . . .


On the surface calm, collected.
Charming, smiling, ready wit.
Quite engaging, as expected.
Likeable, I must admit.
In confidence, I could detect
Appreciation seeping slightly 
From behind a tacit grin.
Agreeable, I found his person.
Determined, he was bound to win.
But with time, or certain people,
Different shades he did reveal
And sometimes certain circumstances
Made his empathy concealed. 
Time eventually separated
Paths we took; our fate, I guess.
The residue of mixed perceptions
Of his good and bad were left.
Ambivalence was what remained
In my memory; how he impressed.
But neither malice nor ill-will 
Did cross my mind, did I entertain.
And yesterday some bad news reached me.
Circumstances are very dire.
The awfulness of twist of fate
Has sparked a sympathetic fire.





What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact
 PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged 
Follow me on Blogger

Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings
                 Critic’s Choice