Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Here . . .

 

I’ve never been one to follow trends.
I won’t be with the crowd 
When they round the bend.
But I’ll be here until the very end
‘Cause, where it’s at is here with you.
Fancy parties leave me cold and drained,
Discos, crowds and posturing in vain
Only feed some silly appetite unnamed.
Where it’s at is here with you.
I don’t want to see the moon,
Fly to Paris, May or June.
I just want a one-way fare
To anyplace where you’ll be there.
I don’t need gold or precious things,
Fancy clothes or even diamond rings.
I just want the thrill that being with you brings.
‘Cause, where it’s at is here with you.
For fame or power, I have no desire.
I don’t crave acceptance, or to be admired.
I’m just happy sitting with you by the fire.
Where it’s at is here with you.



What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact

 
Follow me on Blogger

Visit Ray Jozwiak at: Website - https://rayjozwiak.com

Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings
                               Put A Finger On It