Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lesson. . .

 . . . learned
When I was a kid, I had great respect for my elders.  I also had great respect for my contemporaries simply because that's what I was taught to do.  In fact, I may possibly have accorded more respect to many (old and young) than was actually necessary.  Not that I should have treated them badly.  It's just that I held some in much higher esteem than was warranted.

The older I got the more perspective I gained about sense, non-sense, bluster, honesty, empathy and integrity. I was, most certainly and understandably youth generally is, naive.  But I was also idealistic. I thought that a person could be taken at his word, and in that, I was wrong.  At least in some cases.

This lesson was driven home for me soon after college.  I had a temporary position at a local television station which I had hoped would become permanent.  My 'boss' in this position was one of the nicest, most honest, empathetic, sympathetic and virtuous individuals that I had (and have) ever met.  I believed that this is what a boss should be.  I also believed that this is what other bosses would be.  When the position failed to become permanent and I sought employment in another field, I quickly learned that my boss at the TV stations was a rare find, indeed.





What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html


My latest release, Black & White Then Back,
can be downloaded digitally at:
Ray Jozwiak: Black & White Then Back

(or you can copy-and-paste this URL directly to
your browser:  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rayjozwiak3)



Also, be sure to visit:
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory