Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Freedom . . .


. . . involves making decisions. . . 

 
(from A JOSEPH CAMPBELL COMPANION
© 1991 The Joseph Campbell Foundation

". . . Actually, there were times when I almost thought - almost thought - 'Jeez, I wish someone would tell me what I HAD to do,' that kind of thing.  Freedom involves making decisions,  and each decision is a destiny decision.  It's very difficult to find in the outside world something that matches what the system inside you is yearning for.  My feeling now is that I had a perfect life:  what I needed came along just when I needed it.  What I needed then was a life without a job for five years.  It was fundamental.

As Schopenhauer says, when you look back on your life, it looks as though it were a plot, but when you are into it, it's a mess: just one surprise after another.  Then, later, you see it was perfect.  So, I have a theory that if you are on your own path things are going to come to you.  Since it's your own path, and no one has ever been on it before, there's no precedent, so everything that happens is a surprise and is timely. . . "





What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html


Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak
Ray Jozwiak:         Another Shot


Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com



PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged
 My 
Zimbio
Top Stories