Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Held Together . . .

 

There was a time
When I was so unsure 
Of how I would find
My way through tears and trouble.
This big world can
Look so scary 
To a little boy
On his own.

It's held together by your love.
So secure sometimes it's frightening.
The thread connecting
All the right things
That help me to survive.
It's held together by your love.
It's so sure it strikes like lightning
A breeze refreshing
Me when I 
Find that life is cruel.
It's held together by your love

Each day I'd see 
Life full of uncertainty.
So few were free
From burdens of humanity.
It seemed to 
Me like everything 
Was fraying 
Before my eyes

I'm not one to run away
From each little storm.
Only fools refuse assistance
As they're carried downstream in the 
Rushing foam

I look around,
Concerned for much 
I see now.
I may have found
The rare elusive why and how
That everyone keeps searching
For, to bind or mend
All life's loose ends.




What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact

Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings