Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Old friends. . .

. . . sat on their park bench like bookends . . . A newspaper blowin' through the grass. . ."

Digital technology and the resultant social media sites have made it easier than ever to become reacquainted with old friends, at least if your old friends are computer savvy and inclined to take advantage of these developments, a qualification used by people my age because there are in fact many of us WHO, unfortunately, are not and/or do not care to become computer savvy.

Anyway, I am trying to contact some old friends and plan to meet with one unique, dynamic, upstanding citizen from my early college days (neither of us is, by the way, anywhere near 70, as in the song) working at the school's radio station toward what I'd hoped would be a career in broadcast media. He was the news director at the station which was actually more than an on-campus, closed-circuit operation. It was a community station which continued to grow long after our departure from its staff and continues today as Baltimore's premiere classical music station. The station at the time aired a variety of music, talk and news shows and I was actually (as Porky Pig said) a r-r-radio annannannann, a r-r-radio annannannann, a DISC JOCKEY. My friend went on to establish, and continues today, a successful career in the communication arts and sciences.

Happily though, my experience at that college radio station was my initial and comprehensive introduction to jazz, an influence which once exerted has never been, nor will ever be, absent from my system and my music. And now, better late than never, I continue working towards achieving a modest and personal level of 'success' in playing my music for you.





Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak
Ray Jozwiak: Another Shot



Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com