Monday, June 18, 2012

Lucky 13 . . .

 . . . or thereabouts. . .
So the Beach Boys have been exploiting (in a good sense) their 50th Anniversary reunion with a new album and 40-city concert tour.  I will probably not attend any of these concerts but I do have a certain respect for the legacy and the longevity of the Beach Boys.

I am amused by some of the latest videos of the BBs, especially the QVC clip which features 13 (by my count) musicians on the stage reproducing (reinventing, replicating. . . whichever you prefer) the sound that five members formerly produced in live performances - which you can also find on YouTube.

Put forth any theory you like on why it is necessary to have 13 people reproduce what 5 used to do quite well.  I suspect that some younger, stronger voices are necessary to ensure the harmonies are audibly accurate.

I say if you can make music, make it!   And make it loud.



What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html

You can NOW download your
very own copy of Ray Jozwiak's
newest release:
AMBIENCE & WINE

Ray Jozwiak: Ambience & Wine
Please visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory