Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cláirseach . . .

. . . and such

[Note: this will be my penultimate blog, for now.  After 12 years of daily consecutive blogging, I intend to take a break, take stock, catch up on other things, and then who knows what?}

(from Harpo Speaks by Harpo Marx) 
". . . It was all part of the endless fight for recognition of foreigners in the process of becoming Americans. Every Irish kid who made a Jewish kid knock under was made to say "Uncle" by an Italian, who got his lumps from a German kid, who got his insides kicked out by his old man for street fighting and then went out and beat up an Irish kid to heal his wounds. "I'll teach you!" was the threat they passed along, Irish to Jew to Italian to German. Everybody was trying to teach everybody else, all down the line. This is still what I think of when I hear the term "progressive education." . . . "


Harpo Marx Plays Serious
[sic]
 - Harpo Marx



What do you think? Tell me at
https://rayjozwiak.com/contact

 PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged 
Follow me on Blogger
Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings
                          2014