Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Highs & Lows . . .



Just look at the morning paper
And tell me what you see.
Is something very wrong
Or maybe my eyes deceive me?
Somewhere in the local section,
A buried paragraph;
Someone who had the time to care
And the character to act.

The higher the highs,
The lower the lows.
The older I get
That's the way that it goes.
The more that I think that I want
The less that I need,
Because I realize how precious
And how short
This time with you may be.

When you're young and your biggest worry's
What game you want to play,
Such innocence is just surpassed
By the naivete.
Take good with the worst
And better.
You know they're not the same.
Youth somehow brings them all together.
Different they are,
But subtle the shades.

Youth really
Is only wasted,
If never
You've tasted
All the bitter
As well as sweet.

I hope you don't misunderstand me
Or what I want to say.
It's nothing revolutionary.
Ignorance won't make this go away.
Nobody likes a busybody.
Nobody knows it all.
There's one thing I can tell you certain,
Take none for granted;
Short or the tall.


Highs & Lows
©2000 Raymond M. Jozwiak
From 2014



What do you think?
Tell me at
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html  or at
http://www.ohomusic.com 


Other Ray Jozwiak Offerings

(To Access all Ray Jozwiak - Gonzo Piano music you can copy-and-paste this URL directly to
your browser:  http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/RayJozwiak)


For all things "Gonzo Piano" please visit:
Ray Jozwiak - Gonzo Piano on CD Baby.com
The Ray Jozwiak - Gonzo Piano Website
The Ray Jozwiak - Gonzo Piano You Tube Channel

For all things "OHO" please visit:
The OHO CD Baby.com Website
OHO Music Website
The 'More OHO Music' You Tube Website
The 'Original' OHO Music You Tube Website