Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fresh . . .

My registered political affiliation is 'non-affiliated' and that's the way I like it. I have learned over many years and through much experience that I just do not make a good club member. This has been true as applicable to the Boy Scouts, Church, Social Clubs and even music-related associations.  It's not a superiority (nor inferiority) complex by any means. It's just that I never feel like I truly 'fit.'

Needless to say neither of the two major (read: MONEY) political parties move me exclusively or sufficiently enough to subscribe.  But I must say, now that the mid-term elections are over, that I have no problem with Republicans taking a majority of the Senate, nor with my home state's replacing its Democratic regime with a Republican.  Three distinct reasons come to mind as to why I feel this way.  They are:

1.  After such a protracted, politically contentious period between the two biggies, I am hoping that some reasonable Republicans (yes, I believe they actually do exist) will step up and help Washington regain its functionality.  Hell, this is a good opportunity for a brand-new hero (or some brand-new heroes) to capture the hearts of the citizenry.

2.  Also, after the gridlock we've seen, possibly some formerly narrow-minded Republicans (or even Democrats, for that matter) will listen, think and learn and even change their minds about SOMETHING for the betterment of her/his constituents.

3.  This is the result of the democratic process and it really is a wonderful thing.  Many countries do not have this.  (yeah, I sound like your high-school civics teacher, right??) The process worked, like it has so many times before and will so many times again.  And if the new majority proves by their actions that they really are not up to the job, there will be another election bringing with it the chance to make another change. 

And although I shouldn't mention a fourth reason, I will anyway. . .should number three become a reality, we'll know exactly where to go to place blame and can take some comfort in the fact that we didn't help put them there.




What do you think?
Tell me at
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html 


OHO's "Ocean City Ditty," the CD single is now available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/oho4
(and, if you're in town, at Trax On Wax on Frederick Rd. in Catonsville, MD) OHO is Jay Graboski, David Reeve & Ray Jozwiak

My latest solo release, '2014' of original, instrumental piano music, can be downloaded digitally at:

Ray Jozwiak: 2014

(or you can copy-and-paste this URL directly to
your browser:  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rayjozwiak4)

Also, be sure to visit:
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory