Monday, July 29, 2013

Peek. . .

. . . into my (and Oho's) world the other day. . .

So I didn't memorize Jay's actual address, but I knew the location of the development and I figured after turning into the neighborhood it would be obvious where the band was to setup.

After turning into the main road of the park, I saw Joan walking up the road.  We greeted and I asked where the band was setting up.  She gave us directions and saved the day.

We were able to pull up right next to the band, so I quickly unloaded my gear.  Pam was off to spend some time in Bethany with her sister so we kissed goodbye.

The general plan was for Pam to call me when she was close to Warren's Park so I could remove the cones blocking the entrance to the street on which we were setup so she could drive right down to the band where I could easily load up after we finished.

Setup and sound check complete, we were content to relax before our 6 o'clock starting time.

Pre-recorded Beatles music from a Circque du Soleil production at a comfortable volume level, thoughtfully provided by Jay, was in progress.

Jay and Joan have a beautiful trailer home in the park, impressively large and tastefully decorated.

A bottle of ice cold water was just what the doctor ordered (for me) in light of the type of beverage upon which I over-indulged the prior evening.

Six o'clock start time brought the strains of my piece entitled 'Always You', in consideration of the invitation to the over 70's to partake of the potluck buffet at the start.

I discovered the next day that the gain switch on my Zoom was pushed to the maximum setting, rendering the complete recordings un-listenably distorted.

Pam called eight times during the last set, in hopes I'd hear her and remove the cones that blocked entrance to the road where the bandstand was.  Unfortunately, I did not exert any extraordinary effort to enable myself to hear incoming phone calls and therefore, missed her call.

She parked across the street and fought the Seacrets traffic to enter the development.

All ended (happily?) about 9ish.

A successful performance garnering many appreciative partygoers (and hopefully new fans) in the process.

Pam and I retired to the Atlantic Hotel for a nightcap. . .

 . . . and all's right with the world.

Isn't it????

If you don't believe this, just listen. . . (no lie about the distortion nor the enthusiasm, heart or soul that we put into the performance)


Ocean City Ditty
by John P. Graboski
Performed by Oho Live at Warren's Park, Ocean City, MD, July 27, 2013






What do you think?
Tell me at
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html

My latest release, Black & White Then Back,
can be downloaded digitally at:
Ray Jozwiak: Black & White Then Back

(or you can copy-and-paste this URL directly to
your browser:  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rayjozwiak3)

Also, be sure to visit:
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory