Monday, March 4, 2013

Quote. . .

. . . from Bertrand Russell confronted me today. . .

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”

. . . which really struck me.  In the past twenty-some years that I have been writing and attempting to market (in some form or fashion) original material, it occurred to me that this is exactly what stopped me from starting this process much, much earlier.  So after reading this Russell gem, I believe that it was actually not insecurity that prevented me from jumping head first into a musical pursuit, it was actually wisdom.

But to take this another step, I always felt that wisdom comes with age, simply because the longer one lives, the more experience he attains by virtue of mere longevity.  But if what Russell says is true, my late-found self-confident could be nothing more than foolishness.

. . . or could there be a happy middle-ground in there somewhere?


 

What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html

You can NOW download your
very own copy of Ray Jozwiak's
newest release:
AMBIENCE & WINE
Ray Jozwiak: Ambience & Wine
Please visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory