Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Moderation. . .

. . . in all things. . . 


I've always thought that ego and self-confidence were pretty much the same thing.  And as in all other things, moderation must be practiced in implementing either.

My music gives me pause in this regard quite frequently.  Truth is, my self-confidence increases daily and reassures me that I am doing what I am supposed to with regard to the music.

In fact, I envy young, creative people (musicians in particular) who have a self-confidence that I could never have dreamed of at their age.  That self-confidence is the fuel that will help the truly talented (and even the marginally-talented who possess it) achieve success.

In my case, I have finally developed a sufficient amount of self-confidence after years of honing my skills.  So one complements the other;  the skills combined with the confidence enable me to perform. In the case of the younger ones mentioned above, their inverse amounts of self-confidence and skills will help them persevere, while those skills they need are developed.

The difference between us is, had I possessed quantities of both of these qualities earlier, I would have had more time to develop my market.

But still I am conscious of allowing the confidence to become too great, in which case the delicate balance would surely be ruined.

All things in moderation.
Know what I mean?

MY EGO
©1998 Raymond M. Jozwiak




What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html

 
Also download your
very own copy of
AMBIENCE & WINE
by Ray Jozwiak

Ray Jozwiak: Ambience & Wine
Please visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory