Tuesday, March 13, 2012

You'll shoot your eye out . . .

. . . RALPHIE!!!!
Not many fail to recognize the origin of that line.  I was reminded of it again today when the news presented me with the results of a study about the hazards of eating red meat.  Fortunately, my source for the story was NPR and they actually presented a balanced approach to the story.  That is, they presented a contrary point of view, which actually made good sense.  I fear my local television stations probably presented it as simply, "Red meat will kill you."  The end.

Regarding the study itself, one article stated,  ". . . Sure enough, Pan (the doctor conducting the research) and his colleagues found that the men and women in the study who ate the most red meat also tended to be heavier, less physically active, and more likely to smoke and drink alcohol than their peers. However, the researchers did take those and other factors into account in their analysis. . . "

So why did they bother me with this in the first place?




What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html

 
Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak

Ray Jozwiak:         Another Shot


Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory