Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dreams . . .

 . . . to me, are a very strange, yet probably a very normal, uneventful function of a human organ - the brain.
In fact, I believe that dreams are the waste products of the brain.  Why not?  If you pay attention (if you can remember your dreams at all) there is usually one element (sometimes multiple elements) within your dream that you can directly follow back to something real that happened to you or that you thought of, most likely (but I doubt without exception) the day before you had the dream.

I remember distinctly when one summer evening as a teenager, my best friend at the time and I were sitting near the curb of my family's quiet street having one of our many usual discussions on life.  When one,  lone automobile came down the road, stopped politely at the stop sign before proceeding through the intersection and slowly out of our site, my friend remarked that life was quite arbitrary and one could never be sure that when that car stopped at the stop sign, the barrel of a gun would not become apparent aiming out the car window directly at us and . . . BOOM!!!  And he was and is correct.

That very night, I found myself at the same location on the curb near my house, talking with the same friend on another warm, summer night - in a dream, of course.  And since these discussions frequently involved laughter as well a matters of substantial gravity, we were laughing.  That laughter was interrupted by one, lone automobile slowly approaching our location and the stop sign at the corner of the intersection of Gough and Old North Point.  Upon stopping we noticed the car window was slowly being lowered.  We saw no face but began to perceive an object being leveled through the open window in our direction.  It appeared ring-like at first, but in what seemed to be hours, but was in reality only seconds, it registered upon the young psyche of each of us that this was, indeed a weapon of some sort.  As we groped for words and more importantly to summon the energy to take some action, I only remember staring directly at that gun barrel for a small eternity before eventually hearing a tremendous . . .

BOOM!!!

. . . which awakened me. 
Dreams!



What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html

 
Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak

Ray Jozwiak:         Another Shot


Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory