Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Growth, maturity, evolution. . .

(From "Reflections on the Art of Living", A Joseph Campbell Companion, Selected and Edited by Diane K. Osbon, © 1991 The Joseph Campbell Foundation)



". . . When I was about sixteen years old, in prep school, and knew I was losing my childhood faith, I resolved that I would not quite the Catholic Church until I knew why I was quitting, that is to say, until I had dissolved the symbols and knew what they referred to and meant.  The whole thing wasn't over until I was twenty-five years old and in Germany.  I spent nine years working everything out, and then it just dropped off like a worn-out shirt.  That's the knowing thing.  If you don't know what the hell that symbol is saying to you, then it's just there as a command, and there is going to be more and more of this hanging on.  If you can't use your mind in this rather complex field, I don't know how you are going to work it out.

You become mature
when you become the authority for your own life.




What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html


Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak

Ray Jozwiak:         Another Shot


Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com

PIANOGONZOLOGY - Blogged My 
Zimbio
blog search directory Blog Directory