Thursday, December 22, 2011

Somebody said. . .

. . . on line when Christopher Hitchens passed away, that 'God breathes a sigh of relief as Christopher Hitchens dies' or something to that effect. (Wasn't he supposed to be 'All Powerful'?) Well, further proof of the almighty's impotence has surfaced this week with this gem from Presidential Candidate (I use the term loosely), Rick Perry. . .

(from MSNBC.com) ". . . The famously mistake-prone Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday that he prayed before a campaign event in Iowa to ask God to help him deliver an error-free performance.
Asked by a woman at the Button Factory Restaurant about the role prayer plays in his life, Perry responded, "Well, I prayed right before I walked over here that I wouldn't make any mistakes that my friends in the media would be able to put on television."The Texas governor grinned and looked out at the assembled media on the press riser -- the traveling press pool currently includes eight reporters -- before turning back to the questioner."I pray a lot," he continued, "because I'm prone to make a lot of mistakes." Perry was warmly received by the crowd of about 150 in the riverfront town, and he won particularly strong applause for his discussion of his faith. When an audience member questioned him on how to get God back into America, Perry professed to huge applause that "God hasn't ever left." "He's still here," Perry said. "He's still available." He added, "I think it's time to have a president of the United States, who will stand up say, 'Listen, I'm not afraid to admit I'm a Christian.' I'm not afraid to stand up and say, 'I'm a Christian'. . . " 

Either Hitchens was right, or the big guy doesn't listen. . . OR maybe Ricky doesn't pray hard enough!!







What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html


Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak
Ray Jozwiak:     Another Shot


Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com



My Zimbio
Top Stories