Saturday, December 3, 2011

Easy What!!???. . .

. . . One time, I went into a record store (do they exist anymore?) looking for the latest release by kd Lang. Problem was, I couldn't find it. I couldn't find it under country, jazz, soul, vocal, folk and when I finally did ask for assistance from an employee of the store, they said, "kd Lang, that would be under 'EASY LISTENING'". Now I don't know about you, but I perceive 'EASY LISTENING' to mean Kenny G., and pop music that is so innocuous that it's barely there. MAYBE I'M WRONG. But that's my perception.

Therefore, I thought, (and still do to this day) kd Lang does NOT belong in the 'EASY LISTENING' bin. That's not to say that she isn't easy to listen to. It's only to say that she should not be dismissed as innocuous, easy, simple, unobtrusive Kenny G-like music BY ANY MEANS!!!

I beg you, please LISTEN to kd Lang. . .




What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html


Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak
Ray Jozwiak: Another Shot



Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com




My Zimbio
Top Stories