Monday, December 19, 2011

Did it again. . .

. . . stumbled upon ANOTHER reason WHY I don't like this!!!

I'm supposed to think of material things that I WANT so that others can buy these material things (that I could just as easily purchased myself) and in addition, the kids don't ask ME, they call the ONE WHO KNOWS to ask her and she just doesn't need the aggravation or the responsibility.

Why do we do this to ourselves????. . . . . .

(from RECLAIMING THE BIBLE FOR A NON-RELIGIOUS WORLD by
John Shelby Spong © 2011 by John Shelby Spong)
". . . his birth took place in Nazareth, as the first gospel of Mark and the last gospel of John both assume, and not in Bethlehem, as Matthew and Luke seek to defend. The pressure to transfer his birth to Bethlehem is a clear bow to later messianic development. It was Paul writing to the Romans around the year 58 CE, who first claimed that Jesus was in the Davidic line and thus heir to his throne (Rom. 1:3). This was the reference, I believe, that ultimately gave rise to a Bethlehem birth story. . . "





What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html


Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak
Ray Jozwiak:  Another Shot


Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com



My Zimbio
Top Stories