Saturday, December 31, 2011

'Cause you got to have. . .

. . . friends. . . 

For a chubby little (but not to remain so in comparison with my contemporaries) boy who didn't always quite feel like he 'fit in', I was extremely comfortable and quite content with those other aspects, situations, or 'worlds' to which I would retreat when I was ostracized. Not that I was literally or frequently ostracized by my peer group throughout childhood, let me must say that I did not feel that I always BELONGED.

I had what I considered to be a reasonable number of friends in whose company I reveled many a long, hot summer afternoon.  Timmy Buckley, from two doors away in our block of row-homes in the Eastern part of Baltimore County just past the city-line, my BEST friend.   But I also enjoyed the company of, singly or sometimes in groups with various of them,  the three Bodell brothers, Keith Smith, Jimmy Theiss, Joey Markwordt and on occasion, Ronald Weber.  Never a greedy person, I thought then as I do now, that this was a sufficient number of friends.  And they were good friends on whom I could rely for some good, old-fashioned kid-play.  Later, in school, new friendships would develop and likewise some of the older ones would dissolve.  But such is the way of the world.  Right? 




What do YOU think?
http://www.rayjozwiak.com/guestbook.html


Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak
Ray Jozwiak:         Another Shot


Please Visit
http://www.rayjozwiak.com



My Zimbio
Top Stories