Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Heard somebody say. . .

. . . they overheard you just the other day; a simple word about the way we get along. If only I were sure of the semantics. Having doubts 'cause I'm one hopeless romantic. Could it be you're slipping away from me? What will I do if what I'm thinking is true? And you want to be really free of me? I won't last very long very far from your heart. And this third-hand intelligence might be the way that it starts.

Heard somebody say they thought they saw you just the other day. You were not alone they said he didn't look like me. Thinking to myself, "must be mistaken." Try not to believe but still badly shaken. Why would you deceive me in things you do. So many years! Sharing our laughter and tears. . . lasted very long. Maybe I was wrong not to ask you why you feel we've drifted apart and this third-hand intelligence might be the way that it starts.

Are my sources reliable? Wait and see. Wait and see. Is my psyche too pliable? It could be. It could be. . .

If somebody said, "the sky was falling, soon we'll all be dead, have to quit our stalling, try to be prepared," would you believe it's true or would you question all the things you do and change your direction from spinning round when it hits the ground? That's just not true. Any believers are few. When you've seen it all it could never fall any more than I think you could tear us apart. And this third-hand intelligence might be the way that it starts.


Hear THIRD-HAND INTELLIGENCE
©1997 Raymond M. Jozwiak


Download your
very own copy of
ANOTHER SHOT
by Ray Jozwiak
Ray Jozwiak: Another Shot