Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Aging or improving?. . .

There comes a time when certain facts must be faced. One fact, from which there is no hiding, is that I am getting old. Who isn't. Technically, one begins aging immediately after conception.

After a 'funerial' weekend, one can't help but ponder such concepts to some extent.

With regard to aging though, truth be told, it has advantages. I have finally reached a point where I have a lot more confidence than I had twenty years ago (boy, sure wish I HAD such confidence twenty years ago) and I actually like where I am. And I like being around young people, something that I didn't think too much about when I was a young person. I like the enthusiasm of younger people. And I don't necessarily feel a need to add my verbal two cents (unless I'm asked) while they are expressing their views with sincere, unwaivering conviction. I have even found that if I shut up and listen well, I can also learn something in the process.

Oh yeah, while writing this and checking email simultaneously, I received a message that says, "Attractive Senior single online looking for You!"

.



(Hear my music at http://www.rayjozwiak.com)